So you may have noticed the new Liebster Award Blogger Badge on the right hand side of my blog. Well, I was lucky enough to be nominated by Jen who blogs at http://www.thriftingandgoodliving.co.uk/ – thank you very much, I’m honoured. I couldn’t quite believe that someone loved my blog enough to nominate it for an award.
What is a Liebster Award?
A Liebster Award (apart from having a very strange sounding name) is a nomination given to upcoming blogs as a way to share and profile the blogger and what they blog about.
So once you’ve been nominated, you should answer the questions posed by the blogger who nominated you in their post and then go on to nominate 10 other new bloggers on the scene.
Here are the rules:
The Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate and link 10 bloggers (with less than 200 followers).
- Notify all the bloggers you’ve nominated.
- Create 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
Here are the questions Jen asked me and my answers:
Jen’s Questions & My Answers
1) What do you think are the best things about blogging?
It’s strange really because I don’t really think of myself as your typical ‘blogger’. I’ve always thought of a blog as a great way to document what’s going on in my life, my work and what I’m currently inspired by. I like the passion and effort that so many bloggers put into their blog and I guess in a way I feel like I still have a long way to go until I see myself as a “proper blogger”. But there are certain aspects of the blogging industry I have grown to dislike like the inflated price tag certain bloggers assign to their time and “klout”. So I’m going to keep a watch on myself to ensure I don’t take up any bad habits.
2) What is your favourite book?
I have many favourite books and authors, so it’s impossible for me to choose. I recently read an autobiography by Gillian Lynne, A Dancer in War Time and I just couldn’t stop turning the pages. It follows Gillian’s childhood from loosing her mother to being one of the world’s best ballet dancers at Sadler’s Wells. I picked it up in a charity shop because I felt drawn to it yet it’s not my usual genre of choice. However I’m eagerly awaiting her next installment.
3) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Deep in the woods in a dreamy log cabin with my lovely boyfriend.
4) If a film was made of your life, who should play you?
Probably a young Wynona Ryder. Growing up I aligned myself with a lot of her characters she played early on in her career.
5) What are your 3 fave bands/artists?
Only three?! At the moment I’m listening to a lot of tunes by:
6) What is your favourite post you have written?
This post about Vivien Maier. I wrote it because I wanted other people to know about her and recognise what a talented, quiet genius she was.
7) If you could go back in time, when would you go to?
The 70s because the times were a-changin’ and revolution was all around.
8) Do you collect anything?
I collect a lot of found objects, namely skulls I come across on my travels if I’m lucky. I’m currently on the look-out for a deer skull with antlers still in tact. I absolutely refuse to buy one because I don’t want to inject the item with any commercial value.
9) Do you have a favourite blog that you follow?
Yes! There are so many and I’m so glad that you asked this question because now I can share my favourite bloggers without looking like a a massive stalker. I absolutely love Corinne at blog.stuckwithpins.com – I take so much inspiration from her photography and we’re both collectors of the macabre.
I’ve recently discovered Jemma’s blog Dorkface and I love her colourful Kaiwaii inspired blog design and beautiful photo compositions in her reviews.
10) If you had to live as an animal which one would you choose?
A tough one. I can imagine everyone will assume I will say a cat for obvious reasons but actually as a species they’re very lazy which just isn’t me. I’d probably be a kleptomaniac magpie. I could soar the lands and still collect things on my travels.
Here are my nominees:
- https://handbagsandheartbreak.wordpress.com – a blogger who handles her BPD with a smile and humour. She is also the founder of the 10,000 Kind Minds Campaign!
- http://www.twogreenpeas.com/ – this blogger creates yummy vegan food!
- http://celineorgill.blogspot.co.uk/ – a brand new blogger who writes in-depth guides and reviews
- http://latexluna.blogspot.co.uk/ – a fetish alt girl with a love for latex
- http://blogholoholo.blogspot.co.uk/ – a fantastic designer who publishes beautiful imagery
- http://www.jaynekitsch.co.uk/ – I love this bloggers kawaii style
- http://www.fashionblah.co.uk/ – this blogger collates stunning fashion editorial photography
- http://leonnilittleblog.blogspot.co.uk/ – a versatile blogger who writes genuine posts
- http://www.thegirlcalledjay.co.uk/ – a filipina blogger based in London who’s written a brilliant thrift shop guide
- http://mangamaniacleann.blogspot.co.uk/ – a blogger obsessed with manga and anime
Here are my questions to the nominees
- What’s your earliest memory?
- What do you think others see as your best quality?
- Who do you currently admire and for what reasons?
- What’s your most favourite aspect of blogging?
- If you could be any fictional book character, who would you be?
- What’s you’re ultimate travel destination?
- Where do you see your blog in the next year?
- If you could go back in time, would you change anything?
- Which blogs are you currently inspired by?
- What is your favourite film and why?
I can’t wait to read your answers and don’t forget to add the Liebster Award badge to you own blog.